vineri, 6 februarie 2009

Mor Ve Otesi - Cambaz

I didn't knew much about Turkish rock before 2003. That's when I spent a few summer days there, and, thanks to a rebellious young receptionist who played Duman's Bu Aksam at least twice a day, raising the hotel's sound systems' volume to the max, I left Turkey carrying two CDs with me: the aforementioned Duman's second LP, Belki Alisman Lazim, and Teoman's Red Album (whose best song is, IMHO, Resimdeki Gozyaslari - little did I know at the time that it's written by the Anatolian rock's godfather, Cem Karaca).

To make a long story short, I was simply dazzled and, over the years, I knew I had to find out more about the Turkish rock scene. (remember, that was before Fatih Akin's Crossing the Bridge came out - it's a great documentary on Istanbul's music, watch it if you can)

Mor Ve Otesi's performance at last year's Eurovision was interesting - but their signature song is, without a doubt, Cambaz, from their 2004's masterpiece, Dunya Yalan Soyluyor. Unfortunately, their newer efforts failed to reach the same heights.

Watch Cambaz on YouTube.

Read more about the band on Wikipedia.

Listen to more songs on MySpace.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu