luni, 2 martie 2009

Aaron Neville - Yellow Moon

There's a Romanian tradition called "martisor" - every year on the 1st of March, boys offer girls a small token of appreciation, a lucky charm tied up with a red/white string. Being the cheap bastard I am, I decided to get out of the hook easily by sending an e-mail "martisor" - a top 5 of the best male vocalists of 2008.

Being also very busy, I decided to simply go for Neon Limelight's excellent choices: Jon McLaughlin, David Cook, David Archuleta, Ne-Yo and Gavin DeGraw are not just young and good-looking, but also have good voices. Check'em out if their names ring no bell for you; my favourite song from their list is Cook's Heroes.

You sort of can see where I'm headed, can you?

Well, Aaron Neville has, IMHO, the best R&B voice you never heard. His best known song is a Grammy-winning track from 1989, a duet with Linda Ronstadt, "Don't know much". The sound quality is good, but the video... well, it hasn't aged well.

So I had to look elsewhere for a better video. I found it on Aaron's official web page, www.aaronneville.com - and because it's Flash based, I'll have to ask you to work a bit and reach Yellow Moon by yourselves. It's in the Photo/Video section. (hint: turn off the music player first, it starts automatically and doesn't stop when the video is played)

Enjoy!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu