vineri, 6 martie 2009

Parikrama - But it rained

If you didn't know it yet, India is huge. I should write HUGE - it's the 7th largest country in the world (roughly 14 times the size of Romania) and has the 2nd largest population (about 1 billion 200 million people).

Yet, how many Indian rock bands can you name?

This question popped in my head today, while I was chatting with the lead designer of EA Mobile's Hyderabad team. I thus went on searching - and, thanks to Wikipedia, I can now say that there are some ass-kicking bands there.

Parikrama are somewhat of an anomaly - a band founded in 1991 that didn't release a single album yet, who are happily giving their music away for free, and living off gigs.

Their web site is funny, chaotic, sincere and filled to the brim with content. I had to dig a while before finding what I think is their best song yet - But it rained. Download the video (5.2 MB) or just the music

For more songs, also visit their MySpace page.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu